We have an outstanding career opportunity for an experienced Human Resources professional interested in joining the Human Resources Department of a well-established, successful and growing mechanical contracting company located on the Queens/Nassau border. We seek a highly motivated HR Generalist with a strong desire to build on their existing skills, who is determined to find new, creative and resourceful ways to support our organization. This person will work in collaboration with the Chief Human Resources Officer and the Human Resources Manager to provide support to the organization in payroll administration, recruitment, employee relations, and performance management. He/she will maintain the company’s HRIS system, generate departmental reports, and stay current with applicable state and federal laws.
We value our people above all else, and accordingly, this position comes with excellent benefits and unlimited opportunity for career development and advancement.
- Assist in the process of weekly payroll for 200+ employee organization consisting of union and non-union staff who are both Exempt/Non-Exempt
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports, including gross payroll, hours worked, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.
- Perform administrative functions of Human Resources which include, HRIS entry, benefits administration, and policy interpretation and development
- Maintain thorough knowledge of legislation as it pertains to city, state, and federal law
- Human Resources administrative functions involve educating employees on the 401(k)/profit sharing contributions, payroll, benefits administration, policies, and procedures
- Support division by creating metrics and KPI reports in all areas of Human Resources that will enable management to make decisions accordingly
- Recruitment responsibilities include writing job descriptions, job postings, screenings, and managing candidates through the applicant tracking system
- Conduct new hire orientation for employees and assist with onboarding process
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of applicable city, state, and federal laws as they pertain to Human Resource functionality
- Background in HVAC industry, with previous experience in similar type unionized service industry being a plus
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferable in HR related field
- 3-5 years’ experience HR Generalist experience, processing payroll
- Experience with ADP preferred
- HR Reporting, metrics, and KPI’s
- Strong MS Office skills, including the ability to structure and apply Microsoft Excel solutions that require pivot-table and look-up functions
Apply for This Position
About Our Company
Donnelly Mechanical, an ENGIE company, is New York City’s premier provider of innovative commercial HVAC service, maintenance and construction. With over 30 years’ experience and 200+ employees, we serve New York City’s most prominent commercial organizations across a variety of sectors including data centers, healthcare facilities, Class-A office spaces and commercial real estate management firms.
Benefits & Culture
Our employees play a major role in our success and we value them. Many of our employees have been with us for over 10 years. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and company paid life insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts, 401(k) and profit sharing plans.
Return to our Careers page