HVAC Service Coordinator
The HVAC Service Coordinator will coordinate the field activities of the service division. The Service Coordinator communicates directly with customers, vendors, and suppliers to ensure accurate communication of job or project status and requirements. Schedule all field personnel for seasonal preventive maintenance contracts, service repairs & replacements. This position acts as liaison between the office and assigned field technicians.
Essential Job Functions
• Receive and respond to all client inquiries and complaints.
• Reports all out-of-line conditions affecting customer satisfaction to Service Manager.
• Receives incoming requests for services and relays sense of urgency to Service Managers.
• Dispatch and manage the workload of assigned field technicians.
• Complete billing of assigned work as per department guidelines.
• Complete estimates as needed and follow-up as per department guidelines.
• Complete weekly time reports, verify assigned technicians hours and expenses.
• Dispatch technicians to emergency service calls.
• Monitor customer complaints to ensure that problems are resolved in a timely manner with the best solution possible and filters up issues to Service Managers as needed.
• Manage monthly maintenance workload to ensure completion, provide updates as needed.
• Schedule all client site visits for non-service calls and maintenance visits.
• Manage approved repair work to ensure optimum client needs and maximize profitability.
• Cover standby. Complete assigned tasks/projects.
• Follow all DMC work rules, policies, and safety guidelines.
• Cover standby phone service periodically as per company after hours procedure.
• Maintains proper safety standards in accordance with Donnelly regulations.
• Will need to maintain an acceptable attendance record by not exceeding five (5) unapproved absences per year.
Provide complete status reporting for the following weekly:
• Open call
• Open estimate
• Cover additional technicians for all above in event someone is absent.
• At least 5 years’ experience in HVAC service dispatching position
• Proven written and verbal skills necessary to complete assigned tasks.
• Considerable tact and human relations skills (teamwork) in interacting with all levels of management and staff.
• Reliable and showing-up to work on time is pivotal to success of position.
Apply for This Position
About Our Company
Donnelly Mechanical, an ENGIE company, is New York City’s premier provider of innovative commercial HVAC service, maintenance and construction. With over 30 years’ experience and 200+ employees, we serve New York City’s most prominent commercial organizations across a variety of sectors including data centers, healthcare facilities, Class-A office spaces and commercial real estate management firms.
Benefits & Culture
Our employees play a major role in our success and we value them. Many of our employees have been with us for over 10 years. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and company paid life insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts, 401(k) and profit sharing plans.
Return to our Careers page