We are hiring for a HVAC Technician. In this role you will perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, troubleshooting, repair, installation and alteration of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system and related equipment and facilities; perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment.
Essential Job Functions
• Perform Preventive Maintenance on HVAC equipment, air and water cooled.
• Complete basic troubleshooting of both air and water cooled HVAC equipment.
• Follows direction to perform repairs to HVAC equipment.
• Utilizes tablet to write a detailed follow up to be used to generate a proposal and/or order material for repair work.
• Possess a full complement of hand tools and meters related to the HVAC trade.
• Generate pull through work during a PM or Service call to prevent breakdown or enhance the system.
• Attends union classes after hours pertaining to the trade.
• Learn location of equipment at assigned accounts.
• Communicate with assigned coordinator at the beginning and end of each day.
• Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to and takes necessary OSHA and safety courses.
• Maintains proper safety standards in accordance with Donnelly regulations.
• Will need to maintain an acceptable attendance record by not exceeding five (5) unapproved absences per year.
Apply for This Position
About Our Company
Donnelly Mechanical, an ENGIE company, is New York City’s premier provider of innovative commercial HVAC service, maintenance and construction. With over 30 years’ experience and 200+ employees, we serve New York City’s most prominent commercial organizations across a variety of sectors including data centers, healthcare facilities, Class-A office spaces and commercial real estate management firms.
Benefits & Culture
Since our employees play a major role in keeping our business successful, we believe in treating them the same way. The proof is in our team members – most of our licensed, certified technicians have been employed with us for over 10 years. We have also been listed as one of Crain’s Top 50 Places to Work in New York. Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
•Training and Growth Opportunities
•Vacation, Holiday and Sick Pay
•Profit Sharing Plan
•Employee Referral program
•Open door policy
•Company sponsored events
•Employee Discount programs
Return to our Careers page